Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Freedom to Fascism?

this one is going to be tough to swallow, and you may think I have lost my mind, but on the contrary, I have found it.
John and I went to a movie this weekend, without kids. Grandma took Joey and Nick, and John and I caught a 2:30p movie. It was a documentary called America: From Freedom to Fascism. It was a completely amazing movie, and both of us felt like we had been kicked in the teeth by the time we left. It brought out so many emotions, fear, anger, bewilderment, hate, and even sorrow.
The premise was about if it is legal for the government to collect federal income tax. According to the documentary and the sources on the film, there is no law that requires American's to pay federal income tax. Aaron Russo, the director, interviewed sources, went thru books, letters, tax code, everything, but never found any law, in the constitution, or elsewhere that proves the legality of the federal income tax. To add to that, he even sited a court case from 1918 that the supreme court said that the government cannot tax our labor, and there were many others like this.
How can you not be shocked by this? The government takes about 22-24% of my money each pay check, and it's illegal? No way! Even worse, he went on to state that federal income tax doesn't even pay for government services that we expect it to pay for, like school, highway repair, and so on. Our tax money goes to pay the interest the government owes on the money it gets from the Federal Reserve. Our government doesn't control our money. Gold and silver no longer back our money. The dollar in your pocket is worth, in reality, about 4 cents. The Federal Reserve decides how much money they put in circulation, and they are holding us and our government hostage. It's sick, crazy, and amazingly enough, true.
He went on to continue to talk about the Federal Reserve, which is a private bank, and NOT under any control of the government. He also talks about a global bank system, and one world government.
I walked out of the theatre feeling violated. All the American values that we as American's know, and grow up to appreciate and brag about, are turning into lies. I felt a bitter taste in my mouth, my stomach was turning, all I could think was this is not what the founding fathers had in mind. We are supposed to be the land of the free. Where democracy, and freedom reign, where the government is the servant to the people. What have we turned into? Every where you look the government and the media are praying on our fears. The fear of terrorism, school shootings, bombings, immigration. Praying on our fears, for their benefit. Now they want us all to have a National ID card, that will track you and every move you make. You won't be able to buy anything, sell anything, do anything, without it. All in the name of freedom? Doesn't sound like freedom to me, sounds to me like governmental terrorism. Isn't' that what we're supposed to be fighting against, terrorism?
I felt as if I had been shaken awake Saturday afternoon. I suddenly felt aware, awake, and ready to read each word of the constitution, to stand up for myself and my family. The buildings, people, and objects around me were brighter, and in focus. I realized what was in my little world was about to change, and the wheels have been in motion for sometime, and I felt powerless to stop it. My question now, is now what? How can I make it better, if not for me, for my boys??
I highly recommend that you go and see this documentary. It is only out in select cities right now, and hopefully it will get the funding to go nationally, but for some reason, I see big brother putting a stop to that. Below is the website, if you are interested, take a look, there are also movie trailers you can view.
And I recommend you do the research, check it out for yourself, don't believe everything you are told.

www.freedomtofascism.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home