Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Waiting for Change

Does it always seem like we are waiting for something? Waiting for things to change, waiting in line, waiting to make the right move, waiting for a sign, waiting for the washing machine, waiting at the stop light. Waiting.
We have to wait at lights, in line, for the dryer to stop. Those things we have to wait for....but why do we wait for a change to come to us, instead of making it happen?
We ask for help, please God, make a change in my life. Each night, I pray that God leads me in the right direction. That He send me a sign. I pray that He opens my eyes so that I may see the direction I need to go, and I think He sending me signs, but I'm just afraid I'm not looking in the right direction. Maybe my glasses aren't clean. Did I turn my head right when He sent me my sign? I hope not.
Wouldn't it be more effective to make the change we know we need to make? God helps those, who help themselves...doesn't He? Why wait for the miracle changing moment to come to us? We need to help it out, walk towards what we know is right. I sit around and complain about this, complain about that, do this, do that, why not this, why that, on and on. It's a cycle that needs to be broken. You have to make that change, you know what it is. We all have our own things we are waiting to happen, we need to take the big leap. Make the move, make the change, make the right choice, do what we know is right. It's always so hard to make that first move, no matter what it is, and it could change your life in a small way, but in an effective way. It could completely turn you around, back onto the path you belong on, or onto the path you should be on.
It's never easy is it? We get our strength from the difficulties in our life. Is it easier to wait, to sit, not make the move, wait for the right moment, for the right environment. It's not going to happen. It's never the right moment, things will never be perfect. John Lennon said in one of his songs, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
I read somewhere, I believe in an email I once received that "I prayed for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong." Change is difficult, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home