Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Stress & Tension? NOT ME

I had horrible headache that spread from Wednesday to Friday. I stayed home Friday in hopes it would fade away, and I had high expectations that I would get some things around the house accomplished. WELL...the headache went away, but the house is still in shambles. I didn't get anything accomplished, except buying cat food, laundry detergent, and new pillows.
I went to the doctor on Friday about this lovely headache, and she didn't see anything physically wrong with me, she doesn't' think it's migraines, she thinks it's tension and stress. Tension and stress? I don't have tension and stress in my life, what is she talking about? It's just my pillow that is making my shoulders and neck hurt, it's all the Tylenol I took that is making me sick to my stomach, and the panic attach I almost had a Wal-mart yesterday, is not related to tension and stress. This woman is crazy. I told her I didn't feel stressed. She kinda looked at me like, I had hit her on the head with a frying pan. Then she asked me a question that I couldn't answer. She asked me what I did to release stress and what do I do for myself??
For myself? She was speaking a foreign language. What do I do for myself? Do I spend time alone, to de-stress, and re-energize myself? Is she some kind of new age doctor? Doesn't she know I don't have time for me? I told you, this woman is crazy.
I sat there in silence for what seemed like forever, I couldn't think of anything good, or witty to say. And the truth was much more painful. I swallowed the lump in my throat, and tried really hard not to cry, I think she could tell what my answer was before I could manage to spit it out. Nothing.
I did start deep water aerobics on Fridays! Does that count? It's something for me!
She was impressed with that, but her answer was that I need to take a few minutes to myself each day, and she gave me a list of neck exercises to do, and told me to take a few deep breaths when I feel myself start to feel tense.
This woman is insane. I'm not stressed, I'm not full of tension. I am completely mellow, low key, and I go with the flow. My life is truly a peaceful way to live. Can't you feel the peaceful vibes coming off my aura? Apparently not. Apparently she could see thru my peace into the sheer terror my life really can be. I think she heard the whiny kids, saw the piles of laundry, the messy house, the empty fridge, and hungry mouths to feed. I think she saw the games I play at work and the struggle I have keeping my mouth shut, all thru my tear-filled eyes.
I really expected her to had me a card for a fabulous shrink she knows. Luckily she didn't, and I escaped with a prescription for a muscle relaxer, a smile, and a bit of advice. Whew! Dodged a bullet there...someone almost detected my insanity.
On to the next challenge.....finding time for myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home