Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

God is not a vending machine for Christians, dispensing what we think we need. The Christian journey is instead the process of learning to accept Christ’s outstretched hand as He leads us down the sometimes mucky road of life. We may be covered with slosh from struggling along, but once we get to the top of the hill, the vistas are breathtaking. –Leslie Williams

I wish I could pick and chose in my life what I prefer and what I don’t prefer. I wish I could make the decision as to what I want to go thru next in my life and what I don’t want to go thru. But we don’t get that option do we?
Like a remote control, skip what you don’t like, stay on something you do like, replay what you loved, avoid uncomfortable topics and issues, and completely turn it all off when you’ve had enough.

Life is a journey, your destination unknown, there will be times of joy, of sorrow, of plenty, and of want. You are at the mercy of God’s plan, all you can do is pray that He holds your hand along the way, and gives you the peace of mind, wisdom, and strength to make it to the end.

Each day when I struggle with this or that, I keep forgetting that its not my job to worry. The plan will unfold the way it is supposed to. I just have to have faith that my journey leads me to where I need to be and not where I think I want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home