Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Fruit of the Spirit: Self-Control

Self-control is included in the list of fruits of the Spirit. Self-control. The Holy Spirit does not do all the controlling for us. He requires us to act. He helps us, but He expects us to cooperate. If we begin each day by an acknowledgement of our dependence upon Him, and our intention to obey Him, He will certainly help us.- Elisabeth Elliot
If there is one thing I am lacking is self-control. I struggle with it, who doesn't? Control what I say, what I eat, how I live. Self-control is an immeasurable asset. It is one thing I struggle to have and I have seen the aftermath of my lack of self-control.
A fruit of the spirit.....good thought. Fruit is what is grown when the tree becomes ready. Fruits of our labor, fruitfulness, the ability to produce. Self-control is a fruit of the spirit. Good one. "Fruit" for thought.
Galatians 5: 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home