Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

30 - A New Decade

I began the day with an email from a co-worker, just chatting, and it's his 32 birthday. So I of course, chatted about my birthday in April, and I realized I will be 30.
I don't feel any kind of remorse, dread, depression what so ever, but when you type 30. I suddenly realized, I'm about to change decades in my life. Weird.
30...what perks are there? Hmm....not old enough for the senior discount. I can already drive, vote, rent a car, and buy alcohol. Hmmm.....30? Does this mean I need to start dying the few white hairs I have brown again or start buying those calcium vitamins for my bones? Not sure.
40, I get the over-the-hill banners, toilet paper, balloons, and grim reaper birthday cards. But 30 seems to be the odd birthday. Not old, not young, and definitely would be pointed out as the odd ball if I showed up to a fraternity party or high school prom.
Having kids at the age of 30 changes your course of action. Not a good time to go back to school and get my masters degree, I don't have the time to write 30 page papers on the importance of Paganini's musical abilities in today's society or ponder the real meaning behind the book "Metamorphosis" by Franz Kaufka. Right now I am more focused on how to get Joey to read extremely important things like: Sam met Tom and add 1 + 2.
I was thinking, 30, I should have a party! A nice social get together, some finger foods and drinks. No kids, just adults. Then I realized, that would be a party with John and I. We don't really have any other people we socialize with, except family, and I am not sure if that sounds like a good idea. I think I'll pass on that....
Life takes interesting turns, can't wait to see where the ride takes me next. If my husband is listening, maybe Vegas for my 30th birthday is a good idea!

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

Do you think you would like vegas? I abhor it, but I actually have a fairly different experience than most people who go there.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Actualy, I really like Vegas. Maybe its the lights, the people watching, whatever it is, I love it. I don't gamble too much, and I can pretend I am in Venice, New York, Italy, or that I am a Knight at the round table, all in one day. Then I can shop at Ceasars Palace and be launched almost to heaven on some death defying contraption. As long as you have self-control and know where you priorities are, you will never have to use the phrase, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Monday, February 05, 2007 1:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home