Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Duty Without Pain

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain. -Mark Twain

Came across this quote today, and it couldn't be more fitting for how I feel today. I don't really want to work, I really don't' want to deal with my normal day to day activities, and I definitely don't want to get up on a treadmill, but maybe I should do it anyway. I have been busy at work and I haven't had time for random thoughts, but when I saw this today, I figured, I'll set aside the time, just to send this one out.
It's not my idea of fun, hauling myself out of bed early to walk on a treadmill, not to mention, you don't really go anywhere and staring at the cobwebs in my laundry room gives me more reason to stay in bed. But I read somewhere that if you do something for 21 days without stop, it becomes a habit. BUT I still haven't decided if I want a new habit, least of all a new habit that makes me sweat....gross. Plus I don't know if I can squeeze in treadmill time after dinner and before American Idol, a girl has to have her priorities straight.
So all, tomorrow, do something you don't want to do. Maybe it'll be fun......or torturous...at least for the first 21 days. Unless it's dishes, laundry, or vacuuming, those are painful duties, not matter what you do!
Food for thought if nothing else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

actually, *sometimes*, I enjoy doing dishes. We do them by hand. It can be very relaxing--soporific.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home