Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Monday, November 27, 2006

To The Skinny Chicks Out There...You're NOT Fat

No offense to all the skinny women out there...but why is it that skinny women think it's necessary to fast?
Seriously, what are you going to accomplish by starving your skin off? In total, skin only weights 8 pounds (I think I read that somewhere), unless you are pudgy like me, and my skin weighs 15 pounds, but I have more of it, and I'm ok with that.
As I am hearing the conversations back and forth in the office, and the conversations of the health conscious, fitness club, spandex wearing people is making me nauseated. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and a requirement to be a member of this thong wearing club, is fasting the 4 days before, so you can eat 2 ounce of turkey and plate full of broccoli the day of.
This is not my idea of a good time. I am officially taking my name off the list of wanna-be club members. I would rather cover my plate in turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy; AND I want to follow that up with a pound of bread, stuffing, various jello molds, and of course apple pie! What is the point of cooking a 21 pound turkey if you won't even eat it? Why make pie if everyone else gets to enjoy it?
No way not me. Not going to happen. My favorite thing to hear is when the skinny girl, you know the one, the one who ways 115 pounds, is all boobs and washboard stomach, says, I'm SO fat. Makes me want to smack the boobs right off her, furthermore it's a bit of an insult to sit in front of someone who weighs 100 pounds more than you and complain about your fat roll. PS...that is not a fat roll, it's called skin, it's supposed to have some elasticity, so when you sit, it doesn't split off your tiny butt.
Listen skinny chicks out there, check yourself out in the mirror, if you do not look like a cabbage patch kid, humpty dumpty, Roseanne Barr, or Oprah in her fat years, you are NOT fat. If your clothing size does not come close to the double digits, you are NOT fat. If you can see you shoes when you look down, you are NOT fat. When you go to the tanning both and you don't have to lift up a fat roll to tan, you are NOT fat. If you don't shop at Lane Bryant, Catherine's, Ample Dud's, or out of numerous other Plus Size Women's catalogues, you are NOT fat. If you still jogged 3 miles a day when you were 9 months pregnant, you are NOT fat. If dieting is not something you start and stop, but live, you are NOT fat. If the people in the gym know you as the "regular", can call you by name, and they all try to keep up with you, you are NOT fat.
As for fasting, been there, done that. Not sure what the point is unless it becomes a necessity. You know, like a nuclear war or an out break of some toxic chemical that reduces all food products to dust. Until then, I'll be eating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

Go Leslie!

By the way--the reason skinny women think they are fat is because our entire culture, including big parts of the church is shouting at them at the equivalent of 140 decibels, saying 1. Unless you look like the anorexic skin and bones supermodels, you are FAT!, 2. Skinnier is always better!, and 3. Your value as a woman is *totally* dependent on how you look!

Thanks for standing up against the cruel stupidity of it all.

Monday, November 27, 2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Cruel stupidity is right....I fear for the girls who are being raised today, I fear for my boys that I am raising, I hope they realize their own value beyond what society says, and I hope they don't perceive women the way society does. It's cruel mind games that are being played on the youth today, and it's making for miserable adults.

Monday, November 27, 2006 3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home