Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Miracle Moment

Have you ever had moments in your life, a few brief seconds, where you realize something? Where you suddenly feel renewed, refreshed, and ready to take it all on?
That was me this morning. The boys and I were headed off to school in the soccer mom mini-van, and as Joey and I are singing to the songs on the radio, I paused. Something came over me, warm, and pleasant. I suddenly realized, which I have many times before and chose to ignore, that I am capable at whatever I put my mind to. I put my faith in God, He will lead me where I need to be.
I am known to be on the fence with my faith, but this morning, there was no fence. It was all on the right side. Joey singing, Nick chatting away, the windows frosted from the cold, the radio humming away, the heat blowing, the lights up the road changing from red to green. It all culminated in a moment, when Joey raised his hand up, and sang out, "Throw your hands up high." And in the rear view mirror, I saw his face. I saw God in him and I knew where I needed to be. Joey and I continued singing, and as we pulled into the school parking lot, he was praying, and for the first time, him and I prayed in the car, out loud, singing away, You have blessed us God, thank you! Amen.
I want to feel that way everyday. It was like the feeling you get a Christmas, all warm and fuzzy. The feeling of your babies snuggling up to you. The feeling of peace washing over you. The feeling of unconditional love. It was amazing. And it was instantaneous. It wasn't something I had to force or think about or wonder when it would happen. It just happened. It was like an out of body experience, and I realized, I make my life so complicated. I hold myself back. I don't do things I know I can do. I make excuses for the dumb things I do. Why? What in my mind do I say to myself to keep myself from seeing the truth?
I know everyday is not going to be a miraculous moment in time. I know the struggle that life is and can be. My goal is to remember that moment this morning. No matter what has come at me, or where I am going. I want to put aside the strife's, stress, and disappointments in life. Put aside the feelings of hopelessness, loss, anger, fear, regret, and sorrow. Put it aside and take up the path that led me to the joy Joey and I felt this morning.
I dropped the boys off, Joey hugged me goodbye. I told him to have a good day. All I wanted to do was wrap myself around him and never let him go. Never mind he talks back, and forgets to put his clothes in the laundry, never mind his hair is a mess, and we didn't make his bed, never mind his bossiness and strong will. None of it mattered, just that moment in time where I saw God in my son and I realized how truly blessed I am.
Miracles happen everyday, today was my day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home