Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Lunch with the Girls

I have gone to lunch this week twice with two different friends, and I had a dinner date last night with another. I have had conversations via email with another friend in big Kansas City, which I consider email lunch, I ate while I typed!
Something was striking about each wonderful person I was with this past week.....We are all coming into our own in some way, shape, or form. Strong, beautiful women, all of us on the cusp of something starting, ending, or remaking itself. Amazing how God works.
I realized how lucky I am to have the husband I have, as I see one of my dear friends moving away from her marriage. Staying strong for her kids and content with the decisions she has made. I value her strength and can't wait for lunch again and the funny stories she tells. And even though she is strong about it, I can see the loss in her eyes.
I realized how lucky I am to not be dating anymore, as I see two of my other dear friends finding themselves in the dating realm. One of whom is searching for something that she needs to look inward for, and one of whom has already found what she needs in herself and children. What an amazing blessing to be able to see women as they truly are when they are single!
I realized how blessed I am with family, even if they are not all genetically mine, as I see my dinner date struggle with her inner sorrows, and lack of true family support in her life. What a true blessing to be allowed in her life to be that family she needs.
Then I see myself, married, covered in kids, pets, and mess, and realize how strong women have to be. The struggles we go thru each day, and in the end we forget how to love ourselves. We pour out our energy and souls on the people in our lives, and put our needs on the back burner. What an incredible God-given quality. To be able to be the world for our kids, our men, our jobs, our friends, and family. We do it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and sometimes never think twice about it.
I like to say to these women in my life, how I value each one of you in a different way, how I have grown, laughed, loved, cried, and struggled with all of you, and how I can't wait for each time we meet, to put aside life's details, and take care of each other.
Thank you for making me realize how strong I really truly am, and thank you for letting me tell you how amazing you all truly are.
And since it's Friday, I've decided, you are all allowed to go home, drink a beer, and not do the dishes!
Love you all,
Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home