Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fat Girl Memo: Free Food

What is it about free food that we can't turn it down?
Being in the office I am in, there is always someone giving the big dogs some kind of goodie, including lunches. What doesn't get eaten is always put out for a free-for-all!
Yesterday there were free box lunches and cookies. Even though I ate lunch, it was necessary for me to take a free lunch. Why? IT'S FREE. And usually brought in by one of the gourmet sandwich or deli shops around this area.
Yesterday morning I walked in and next to the coffee pots was chocolate chunk cookies. As I have established before, walking by chocolate and not eating any is a sin. So of course, I had three. Yesterday after noon, after the free box lunches, was another round of cookies. Macadamia nut cookies, which I of course took two, one for my boys and one for my spouse, and yes, I finished both.
Last week there was cake, brownies, and pizza. The week before that, ice cream cake, more brownies, and one time there was tamales. One morning I came in to find bagels and cream cheese. Carrot cake, banana cake, candy, chips, veggies with ranch, and donuts. One girl is taking a baking class and brought in mini-muffins and a frosted rainbow shaped cake.
HELLO PEOPLE, I am working on being healthy! Didn't everyone get the memo? Fat girls can't walk by this stuff and not take twice their share. Evil people. The counter today had Stephanie's Chocolates on there...yes, you read me right, Stephanie's Chocolates, I have eaten 4 different kinds, and I am sure to go back. Like I said, passing by chocolate is a sin. None of these daily counter items includes the candy bowl around the corner, that lady puts in candy every day, Snickers, Laffy Taffy, Tootsie Rolls, and more.
And what happened to my will power? I watched one lady walk by and not even bat an eye. That is impressive. I hate her. Of course, you think I could just copy her and walk on by, nope. I find myself slipping one malted milk ball in my mouth and grabbing two more, and that is when I walk by in a mad dash trying to avoid the tray of goodies. Heaven forbid I slow down, I may slide the whole tray down the isle to my desk.
I am tempted to ask if I can order a tread mill for my cubicle. Or maybe they'll spring for a Stairmaster or lipo suction. Isn't that workman's comp? Really, I did eat all of the above at work, supplied by the company, on company property. And the reason my chair keeps sliding down and why I have to squeeze by others in the hallway, is all due to free, company provided food.
Well, until I get my treadmill, I may have to work on my will power!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home