Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sky Blue Blouse

I am wearing a blouse today, that I rather like, but it has a few issues. It is a nice sky blue color with white and navy blue pin strips. 3/4 length sleeves, collar and sleeve cuffs in white. It's cute, got a great deal at Ross, 7 bucks! However, the material is interesting, I am sure it's some poly-blend, but it's on the slick side, so it always slides up. The sleeves cuffs kinda itch me and when buttoned are tight.
SO, I have unbuttoned the cuffs and the 3/4 sleeve slides up my arms even further and makes my elbows itch. I continue to pull the shirt down, and I've tried tucking it into my pants, but it continues to slide out. So after I pull the sleeves down and scratch and rub my elbows and forearm, I pull at the bottom and adjust the collar. Now my hair is short, so my hair falls into the collar each time the shirt slides back. This is an issue for me, I don't like it. I didn't dry my hair all cute for it to be sliding into my shirt collar, and each time I fidget with it, my hair gets static-y.
As I sit here, I am pulling the shirt down, and trying to sit close to my desk, hoping the pressure from the desk and my stomach will keep the shirt from sliding up. No such luck. AND the shirt's material makes noise. Ya know the noise that polyester makes rubbing between fat thighs. Ya know, that sound, shllsh, shllush. SO the whole department knows every time I walk by, or shift my shirt down.
Lunch time has come and gone, and it's taken every ounce of power I have not to go to Wal-Mart and buy a new shirt. I double checked the soccer mom mini-van, and I have no spare clothes in there, except for a onesie for Nick and spare underwear for Joey. Since I don't like wearing my son's fruit of the looms, I am stuck in the blue blouse, that slides up, itches, and cause my hair to go crazy. Now I remember why I haven't worn this blouse in forever. Too bad it's cute! It makes it even harder to put it in the donation bag!
The static the shirt has caused in my hair, has traveled down the shirt to my pants. So not only is my hair sticking out like some 4 year old who just went down a plastic slide, my pants are stuck to my thighs and calves. No good. So I walk and shllsh, zap, and crackle. I am a walking fire hazard. Back up people, I am flammable! Save yourselves! HA HA HA!
As unfortunate as it is, I think this will be the last time I wear my cute blue, pin stripe blouse. I kinda have a feeling that I'll wash it, hang it, and forget about it for a few months. Then one day, I'll say, HEY, that's cute....and I'll have forgotten why it's hung in the back. I'll put it on, get to work, and go thru the drama all over again.
Note to self, do not keep this blouse, it's cute, but there is someone out there who needs clothes more than I do! Salvation Army, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home