Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Work-day Blues

I am sitting at work today, trying desperately to be a productive member of the corporate domicile I work in, but I am finding it difficult to maintain a constant level of productivity. My mind is elsewhere. Plus, it has been so quiet in here all week, it makes it a perfect environment to nap. To top it off the weather is cold and snow packed, so staying home is much more appealing than working.
One of my co-workers has been out two days due to illness, so without her here, I have less email and I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder. Making it even less likely that I will be working to 100% of my normal capacity. Another co-worker of mine has been trading secrets with me, on how to close your eyes and type at the same time. I will probably try that after lunch.
Holiday's do two things....make you eat more, and make you wish you could be at home the months of November, December, and January. I am not sure if an entire country-wide shut down of all business for 3 months will be economically beneficial, so I guess we need to suck it up. I have noticed a lot of people not here lately, I think that since you have to use your sick time by the end of the year or you lose it, makes many people call in "SICK". Cough, Cough. I still have one and half days of sick time. I am thinking I need to call in and soon!
Maybe it's the tryptophan from the turkey I ate last week. How long does that stuff stay in your system? 30 days? It's making me tired and lazy. Next year, I may have to cook chicken instead of turkey. Maybe I should drink more coffee. Double shot in my Starbucks...maybe that'll kick me into high gear. Maybe I could try eating more spicy food, then I would being going to the bathroom a lot, but at least I'd be up and moving, people would think I am busy.
So I have found no cure for the common work-day dreariness. I could ask for a new project? Ok, ok, I know that was funny, but it would break the monotony of this ever-so-stimulating office I inhabit. What are those energy drinks called? Mega shake, Monster, Red Bull, Caffeine Express, Jittery Nerve Drink.....not sure, maybe I should invest in a case of that stuff. Then again, I don't want to look like I am overly excited to be here. That may land me getting added to some horrible committee that strings Christmas lights around the building, or makes cookies for African children, or collects toilet paper for needy hunters.
Tomorrow, I will try taking a vitamin. Maybe that'll work, if not, I'll try Starbucks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home