Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Running Straight to the Goal

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step." (1 Corinthians 9:26)

I am working on my "weight" issues. This is not a fun task.
I have been good since Saturday, and really all I want to do is eat a Snickers bar, then hit Chipolte, and maybe Bennigans for a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and fries, with ranch and on my way back from there, I may end up at Starbucks for a venti no whip mocha and one of their old fashioned doughnuts....But I guess I'll pass on the food frenzied binge and pray for divine intervention.
I've been good, today I had a wonderful lunch of rice, with ham and lettuce sandwhiches....that's just because we are out of bread....will this torture ever end? I can feel my body going into healthy food over load. And someone in this office had brownies today, I could smell them!! Whoever that person was, is no longer on my list of favorite co-workers.
I am wondering if it would be easier to do lippo suction every year. Maybe I can budget for that instead of depriving myself of nachos, buttery popcorn, and spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream. Then again, I don't think they can lippo suction heart failure and diabetes away. What a downer.
My step-mom sent me this:
"Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what
makes life meaningful."
Isnt' that the truth. It made me really think about what I am going to have to do to get myself out of my comfort zone and move on and up. I can do it. I graduated college, survived childbirth twice, made it thru my parents divorce, a car accident, several lay-offs, and I have worked with mortgage brokers. I can do anything!! So tomorrow, will be more lettuce and ham sandwhiches, at least until I go to the store, and I'll make it thru. I'll avoid driving by Starbucks, and when I watch Joey eat his Snicker's bar, I'll walk away.
The hard part will be exercise....I can feel the dread swelling up inside me. I don't want to treadmill my way into healthy weigh paradise. I really don't feel like doing squats, crunches, push ups, or jogging. I really don't like to sweat, and I don't like entertaining the thought of going to a gym where I will be next to the chick in the skin tight leggings. You know what girl I am talking about....the work-out freak. Thanks but no thanks. I may have to stay home and watch FIT TV, or that lippo suction thing is sounding good again.

Here's a few more quotes, maybe they'll help me "sweat" a little!

"I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power." (Philippians 4:13)


"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

Go Leslie!. Me, I'm choosing to stick with the West African paradigm.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 2:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home