Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life Annoyances

Here are a few random annoyances in my daily life.
Now, keep in mind none of these make a difference in the overall picture, but they can grate on a girls nerves after awhile.

There is a guy I work with, who talks to loud, which is fine, but he thinks he knows everything, when in reality, he doesn’t, and he has this annoying habit of smacking his hand on his desk when he talks on the phone. To make it even worse, it’s always his left hand, so it’s almost like he consciously loves to smack his hand down, so we can all hear his wedding ring hit the desk. This is usually followed by an irritating laugh, that makes me want to buy duct tape for his mouth.

People at work, who don’t even notice your existence when you speak to them. Why is that? I am standing at the copier, I smile, say hey, how are you? With no response at all, not even a weak smile or eye contact. Is this due to the fact that their hearing aid is defective, or are they really that rude?? Do I smell? Is my dress tucked in my underwear? Or do I have bad breath or a booger? Hard to say if it’s me, or the jack ass at the printer.

Tell me why you make a mess in the kitchen that the whole floor and other floors share? Is this to prove that you think you are too good to clean up after yourself? Or are you truly a barn yard animal? Not sure, but I have cleaned the coffee machine twice today and it’s only 10am.

When you are skinny, please do not point out to fat people how fat you are. Hello? Anyone? If you’re clothes size does not go into the double digits, you do not have a weight problem. Keep that in mind the next time you are standing to a girl who takes up a full chair and half. You may think you are trying to “fit in” with this fat girl, you aren’t you are making her feel even worse about herself, because chances are she knows she’s fat and she definitely knows you don’t weigh more than a loaf of bread.

When there is a laundry basket in the room, laundry should not be on the floor within a 10 foot radius. Yes, the laundry needs to be in the basket, this ensures I don’t have to bend over 300 times a day. The only exception to this rule is when you carry it to the laundry room yourself, or are paralyzed.

I really don’t care how long you have worked here, it doesn’t elevate you to a status of All-Knowing-Being, but it may get you an office cause people are trying to appease your cranky old ass. My job is no more or less important than yours, but I am younger, so when you finally croke, I will have dibs on your office.

Snorting snot is not a great sound, and when you do all day, it makes me want to invest in nasal spray for you. Not to mention it makes me want to vomit, so if you want to clean vomit from your desk, keep it up buddy.

When at the place of employment, please don’t check out all the ladies boobs. Yes, they are nice, they look good in many outfits, and if you are a boob guy, great for you, however, I hate feeling like I need to wear a turtle neck with a jacket just cause you can’t keep your creepy-gawking to yourself. Eww….I’m married, I don’t need some other married guy checking out my rack at work, so not appropriate. Please hit the local bar at lunch if you can’t control your boob-fetish all day. I’m sure at the bar, the girls there want their boobs stared at, and if I was there off-hours, I may want mine stared at too, just not at work when you are trying to asking me about lender process.

Make plans with people several days or weeks in advance, not the day of, and please please please, don’t call me 18 times that day to re-arrange the plans for that day. What the hell…make up a plan and stick to it. No changing, no wishy-washy mess, just make the plan. Life is so short, please don’t waste the time agitating yourself and everyone else over and extremely minor details, it just doesn’t matter. Plus have consideration for others, I don’t want to rearrange my entire day, just to hook up with you cause you couldn’t call me or return my calls for the past 3 days. This makes me cranky, I have other things to do, now I have to rearrange for you, then you call me 45 more times to rearrange the arranged and I have to rearrange the rearranged. Help me Lord, for Christmas these people are getting a little black book to keep track of their rearrangements.

So many other annoyances in life, like people who don’t use their turn signals, and crumbs on counter tops, and un-flushed toilets, but so little time.

I touched on a few that could turn my hair gray, if I didn’t have a sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home