Leslie's Random Thoughts

Life according to Leslie! Daily thoughts, and random stories about real life, and everyday issues, as seen through the eyes of an ordinary person.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I have always enjoyed writing, and I used to keep a journal, but now that I have been married for 10 years, and have two kids, I don't have the time to sit down and write. I have come to realize, I have not been getting the outlet I need, so I began sending a random thought to my friends and family each morning. I have discovered new things about myself, my friends, my family, and about life!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009


I realized yesterday morning that fall is setting in. I looked at the calendar numerous times and thought September, really? I’m still mentally in June. The summery dress I was wearing yesterday got covered by a sweater when I got to work, there was that strange fall feeling, and I suddenly felt nearly nude in the dress with no sleeves. Despite the fact that we hit 80 degrees yesterday, it wasn’t summer hot, it was fall hot, which is different. You know the difference in summer vs fall hot if you live in Colorado. Fall hot usually means it was 50 degrees at 8am and you needed the heat on in your car, yet it hits 80 degrees at 3pm and you need your air conditioning on.

Yes fall has set in and I may have to consider putting away my open toe shoes sooner than later, and pulling out my nice boots and dusting them off. I may even have to consider getting someone to come out, clean the vents, and get ready to turn the furnace on! Already? Where has summer gone?

The leaves are starting to fall just a bit, and soon the trees will be alive in fall colors, turning green shimmery leaves into golden gems, then into a dull dreary brown, where they fall to the earth into crispy piles. The smell is autumn, the colors are warm and homey feeling. The pumpkins will be ready for harvest, thoughts of Halloween and Thanksgiving are lingering in the back of my mind. Things settle into a hum of school activities, homework, early evenings, and calmer weekends. The hustle of summer has passed and the feeling of easing back into a regular schedule has come.

With this comes pulling out jeans again and finding the sweaters and jackets. Being ready for whatever nature may bring your way. The stores have started to fill their seasonal isles with fall festive wreaths, table clothes, and favorite football team must-haves. And I noticed an isle or two of Halloween candies and costumes. The coolers, summer time plates, picnic baskets, and pool floats have all be pushed to the clearance isles and hidden away in back rooms for the next summer season.

I love Christmas time, but I think that this change over to fall is one of my favorite times. The crisp smell in the air, the sound of the leaves being blown about, the warmth of the rusty red colors, the cooler mornings, and fall sunsets. Just the warm peace it seems to bring over your soul.

Yes, I must say, makes me want to run out and buy a wreath covered in fall leaves, sunflowers, and plastic pumpkins…..Fall is here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home